Dear Music Together® Families:
We want you to know that we are closely monitoring the coronavirus situation and currently focused on continuing our best practices of cleaning and sanitizing along with adding a few new protocols. We are following recommendations from the CDC as well as state and local officials and will be doing the following recommended procedures:
· All instruments will be disinfected between classes as per usual. Mouthed instruments will get extra cleaning.
. Jingles are no longer part of the class, just because is harder to clean inside of the bells.
· Increasing routine cleaning and disinfecting of commonly-touched spaces and surfaces, including restrooms, tabletops, gate latches, doors, instruments, and props
· We will be adapting some of our classroom activities to meet suggested guidelines, such as avoiding high fives and other hand holding activities, and the use of insturments hard to clean.
In addition, we ask the following of each of our families (our teachers follow this practice as well):
· Wash hands (adults and children) before/after class for at least 20 seconds (sing the Hello Song to all the members of your family - that'll be at least 20 seconds.) All of our class venues have facilities. Please allow time for this.
And most importantly:
· If you or your child is not feeling well, has a fever, cough, sore throat, or runny nose, please stay home and heal.
· We offer UNLIMITED MAKEUPS. Please take advantage of this policy. If you don't see a space in a class you would like to attend, please email or text us and we will be happy to help you find a spot.
· If you have traveled recently to China or other areas of concern, or have beign in contact with somebody who has traveled to those areas, please refrain from attending classes for 14 days.
All of the locations where we hold classes have also contacted us about their procedures for sanitizing and everyone is following the recommended protocols from the CDC.
It's important to turn to the most reliable sources for information and guidance. We are following the recommendations offered by both the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) as well as our local information from the state of CT which can be found here: http://ct.gov/coronavirus
Our best defense is preparedness, so our goal here is to dispel fear by raising awareness and putting best practices in place. Read this excellent article from a pediatrician to learn more about the impact of the virus on young children. Here is a link to an article about how to speak with your children regarding the virus: https://store.samhsa.gov/system/files/sma14-4886.pdf
We have no plan to close or cancel any classes at this time, but are asking everyone to follow the procedures above so that all our classrooms are a safe place.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email or text us directly at 801-214-0588. Let's keep the music playing!