Jun 15, 2020
Our responsibility COVID-19
*SUMMER SESSION WILL BE OFFERED ONLINE AND AT THE PARK*
Dear Music Together® Families:
We want you to know that we are closely monitoring the coronavirus situation and currently focused on continuing our best practices of cleaning and sanitizing along with adding a few new protocols. We are following recommendations from the CDC as well as state and local officials and will be doing the following recommended procedures:
- For the Summer Session at the Park, disinfectant wipes, baby wipes, hand sanitizer, disposable masks, and tissues will be available for families during class for use whenever needed.
- Every family will have to bring their own yoga mat, blanket, or towel to sit at the park, we will set them allowing social distance.
- Each registered family will have their own set of intruments in a box with their names, to prevent mouthed instruments to mixed with other ones, every class you will get your own box to play that day during the class.
- Increasing routine cleaning and disinfecting of instruments and props after class is done.
- We will be adapting some of our classroom activities to meet suggested guidelines, such as avoiding high fives and other hand holding activities, and the use of instruments hard to clean.
In addition, we ask the following of each of our families (our teachers follow this practice as well):
- Wash hands (adults and children) before/after class for at least 20 seconds (sing the Hello Song to all the members of your family - that'll be at least 20 seconds.) All of our class venues have facilities. Please allow time for this.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue if it is available, and throw it away immediately. Second best - use your arm, elbow, or sleeve - not your hand (practice this with our chant, "I'm freezing, I'm freezing, I hope I don't start sneezing...Achoo! Achoo!"
- If you, your children, or caregivers have been out of state, please consider staying home for the duration of the incubation period, which is currently being listed as 14 days.
And most importantly:
- If you or your child is not feeling well, has a fever, cough, sore throat, or runny nose, please stay home and heal we will provide everyhting in our end for you to make-up your classes.
- If you or your child has had a fever, you must be fever-free for at least 72 hours (without assistance of pain meds/fever reducers) before returning to class.
· We offer UNLIMITED MAKEUPS. Please take advantage of this policy. If you don't see a space in a class you would like to attend, please email or text us and we will be happy to help you find a spot.
· If you have traveled recently to areas of concern, or have beign in contact with somebody who has traveled to those areas, please refrain from attending classes for 14 days.
It's important to turn to the most reliable sources for information and guidance. We are following the recommendations offered by both the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) as well as our local information from the state of CT which can be found here: http://ct.gov/coronavirus
Our best defense is preparedness, so our goal here is to dispel fear by raising awareness and putting best practices in place. Read this excellent article from a pediatrician to learn more about the impact of the virus on young children. Here is a link to an article about how to speak with your children regarding the virus: https://store.samhsa.gov/system/files/sma14-4886.pdf
We have no plan to close or cancel any classes at this time, but are asking everyone to follow the procedures above so that all our classrooms are a safe place.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email or text us directly at 801-214-0588. Let's keep the music playing!